A simple area converter tool to convert area among 16 different units, from metric to non-metric systems and many more.
[advanced_iframe src=”/ac.html” width=”100%” height=”700″]
How to use Area Converter?
- Firstly, select the unit you want to convert from, in the first column.
- Then, type in the value in the first text box.
- Now, select the unit you want to convert to, from the second column.
- Consequently, the result will be displayed above the second column.
What is Area?
It is a quantity that expresses the extent of a two-dimensional figure. Additionally, its SI unit is metre square (m2).
This tool consists of 16 area units in total, namely, metric, non-metric and some other units
Metric area units:
A metric system is a system of measurement that followed a decimal system based on metre introduced in France, during the 1790s. Also, it is the most popular unit system.
For example, some metric units of area are:
- 1 kilometre square = 1,000,000 metre square.
- 1 metre square = 10,000 centimetre square.
- 1 centimetre square = 100 millimetre square.
Non-Metric area units:
The systems used before metric systems, like the (British) imperial and, the United States customary systems of measurement.
Namely, some non-metric units of area are:
- 1 inch square = 6.4516 centimetre square.
- 1 foot square = 0.09290304 metre square.
- 1 yard square = 0.83612736 metre square.
- 1-mile square = 2.589988110336 kilometre square.
- 1 acre = 4046.8564224 metre square.
- 1 rood = 1011.7141056 metre square.
Some other units of area, that do not fall in the above categories are:
- 1 are = 100 square metres.
- 1 barn = 10−28 square meters.
- 1 hectare = 10,000 square metres.
- 1 square rod = 25.2929 square metres.
- 1 homestead = 647497.027584 square metres.
- 1 township = 93239571.9721 square metres.