Solution for How do you interact with a third-party notification in Android Studio?
is Given Below:
my goal is to interact with third-party notifications that appear in the status bar.
To interact with the notifications, I intend to programmatically simulate the user’s interaction with the UI, at least conceptually, then I think it will be a matter of sending an intent; I don’t want to have to manage gestures.
Typical situation :
- A notification appears on the status bar
- The notification is read and filtered (e.g. it has the com.telegram package)
- If the result is other than null, its content is clicked on
The follow-up is handled directly by the third-party app which normally opens the application after clicking on the content.
The strategy I had in mind:
- I set up a class that extends NotificationListenerService, which getActiveNotifications from StatusBarNotification.
This should allow me to get the data of a notification once it appears.
- I do a check by filtering the information provided by the getActiveNotifications instance based on what I need.
- If the check is successful, in a class that extends BroadcastReceiver I take the notification’s intent and pass it to a PendingIntent through which I perform the action.
I’m pretty sure I’ve just made a lot of confusion, because I can’t put the pieces together from tutorials and answers found on the net.
I have only found a number of APIs that could help me, but I don’t know how to think about achieving the desired result.